Thursday, February 23, 2012

Photos

I have failed to put photos onto this blog from my iPad.  There must be a way but I can't work it out. So I've resorted to using Christy's laptop.

These are a bit of a random collection from the past 2 weeks but will give you a flavour of my visit so far.  Today Andy and Christy are at work ( she is oncall tonight as well so we won't see her till after work tomorrow) and Pelagia has gone to nursery.  I'm off to Brighton on the bus now and will pick up PPA after lunch.  Andy has a parents' evening at school tonight so it will be just us 2 girls at home alone.
If Grandma is looking after you, there is one thing for certain - you'll be going for an early morning walk regardless of  the weather - just add a few more layers of clothes.

Lots of snow on the hills around Seaford for the first few days.  It's all gone now and the weather is quite mild this week

The village of Corfe Castle with the ruins of the castle behind.  We spent the week in one of these stone cottages - it was delightful.

Lulworth Cove in Dorset.  The last time I was here was Sept 2010 when Phil walked these paths with enthusiasm.  You can see those photos on this blog if you look in 2010/ September

My birthday lunch at River Cottage Canteen at Axminster in Devon.  We drove across from our cottage in Dorset last friday.  I have enjoyed watching Hugh Fearnley-Wittingstall's programs on TV at home so it was a real treat to eat at his restaurant.  Delicious food, great atmosphere, good company - what more could you want.  Christy took this photo which includes her friends Chris and Gabby who spent the week with us.

Love babychinos

Walking along the seafront at Seaford after church last Sunday


Burling Gap - still no sign of my backpack that failed to make it into the lifeboat back in 2010!!!  All hope of finding it must surely be gone.  

Fields of snow when I arrived 2 weeks ago